Are you looking for...
Classes suitable for babies from 6 weeks to crawling/actively moving
5 week course for babies from 6 weeks old
Friday 11.30am to 12.30pm
Starting Friday 13th January 2023
Taster class on 16th December - £10
This introduction to Baby Massage course starts with learning a leg and foot routine and then builds week by week so by the end you will have learnt a full body routine, knowing what helps to soothe and calm your baby, what can help with colic and teething and how to read your baby's cues to help deepen your bond.
You will receive a bottle of Neals Yard Baby Oil and a course manual so you are able to do the massage at home, building it into your daily routine if you wish.
5 week course for babies from 12 weeks old
Wednesday 1.30 to 2.30pm
Next course starting 11th January 2023
Taster class on 14th December - £10
This course can be a follow on from the Baby Massage course, once your baby has some head control and taking more interest in the world around them.
Each week will involve some baby massage and also will include some baby stretches and balances to help build your baby's muscle and brain development, increasing their sense of balance, body awareness and space around them. All this is done with nursery rhymes and song which is a great way to communicate with your baby.
· Increases the bond between you and your baby through nurturing touch
· Strokes learnt help relieve wind, teething and colic
· Supports baby’s brain and muscle development
· Helps to relax baby, often leading to a more settled sleep
· Tones the digestive tract to ease digestion
· Stimulates the senses through movement, touch, songs and stretching
· Movement helps to develop proprioceptive and vestibular system which is baby's body awareness, co-ordination and balance
· Songs help to develop baby’s sense of rhythm and promotes language development and communication between the two of you
· Stretches aid flexibility, strengthens muscles as well as building the proprioceptive and vestibular system
· For parents it helps to align the spine and strengthen the muscles